[Acquired by GetYourGuide]
iGottaGuide connects you with locals who want to guide you around their city, giving you the authentic experience. Truly travel, don’t be a tourist.
We mean it, take off the fanny pack, lose the Hawaiian shirt*, and unglue your eye from your camcorders’ viewfinder. It’s time to give back the cheap plastic headsets with their prerecorded audio tours. It’s time to stop following men in bright shirts telling stale jokes. It’s time to get shown around by the people who know a city best—the very people who live there.
Nobody knows your city better than you do. You’ve got the ins and outs of your neighborhood memorized. You know the best stores to shop, the best bars to crawl and who serves up the best slices of pizza.
When you travel, that is what you want, and if you’re a local with a passion, iGottaGuide wants you to share it.
*(if it’s Friday you can keep the Hawaiian shirt)
- Venture Village: GetYourGuide acquires NYC startup iGottaGuide to “make strides” to US
- Skift: Sharing Economy Can’t Save Tour Guides, says Tour Startup CEO
- Tnooz: GetYourGuide Makes Second Acquisition, Snaps Up iGottaGuide
- Grüender Szene: iGottaGuide Sells
- Tnooz: Another Travel Startup Story
- Examiner: Move Over ING Marathon: iGG Marathon Comes to NYC
- The Brisbane Times: The Guide You Gotta Get
- New York Times: Two New WebsitesAim to Connect Travelers
- Under30CEO: Connecting Tourists to Tour Guides
- TechZulu: TZ Startup Hot Seat
- Tnooz: TLabs Showcase